Positive Points for Pupils
We believe that an effective rewards system is vital, as it encourages and reinforces the types of positive behaviour we want from our pupils. Pupils who contribute and strive for excellence will be recognised through the reward system.
- Positive points can be awarded by any member of staff, at any time, to any pupil, if they feel a pupil is promoting the ethos of the school.
- Pupils and parents can track the number of positive points awarded through the ClassCharts app and the school website.
- Pupils will be able to access their positive points for rewards of their choice at specific times in the academic year.
- Pupils will need to decide whether they save or spend points for rewards, but points must be spent by the end of the academic year.
- The number of positive points a pupil receives will also allow they to access year group rewards and end of year trips.
It is important to remember that any Negative points received throughout the year will limit the number of rewards a pupil can access
Positive points will be awarded to pupils for -
RESPECT = 1 Positive point issued
- Take care over presentation of work
- High standards in all aspects of school life
- Respect the opinions of others
RESILIENCE = 1 Positive point issued
- Persevere when life and work are challenging
- Redraft work where necessary
- Complete extension work and/or attend catch-up sessions
REFLECTION = 1 Positive point issued
- Use feedback to improve work
- A positive attitude to learning
- Respond thoughtfully when questions arise
RESPONSIBILITY = 1 Positive point issued
- Attend a club or take on a leadership role in school
- Make progress in assessments
- Meet all relevant deadlines—classwork and homework
RESOURCEFULNESS = 1 Positive point issued
- Working independently
- Show flair and creativity
- Be successful in areas outside school