Careers Support We Offer
Enquiries for the Careers and Work Related Learning team can be submitted by email to email@example.com
Support on offer includes:
- Individual career guidance interviews.
- Delivery of a career education programme.
- Organised events, guest speakers and Open Day trips.
- Promotion of career related opportunities such as Year 10 work experience.
- Career resources.
- "Drop in" sessions.
What to expect from a Guidance Interview:
- An interview offers Information, Advice and Guidance, is private, and can be used to discuss future plans in any way.
- Common subjects in guidance interviews are. ‘How can I start to make some plans?’ ‘I’m not sure what jobs I’d be good at’.’ Should I look at A Levels or BTECS?’
- A guidance interview will give ‘time out’ to explore options, look at things objectively and think about the implications of any decision.
- Students are requested to come along with any questions and to talk about the things that may be concerning them.
- The aim is to make the picture clearer and to enable planning for the next steps.
The Government has raised the participation age (RPA) so that all young people in England are now required to continue in education or training until at least their 18th birthday.